This week, New York magazine and TheWrap conduct Q&As with Glen Mazzara while Robert Kirkman reveals his pessimistic streak in a documentary. Plus, New York has good news about The Walking Dead‘s ratings. Read on for more:
• Glen Mazzara tells New York magazine that “Daryl would crush it on Survivor, anyplace, anytime,” when asked which character he’d like to see on reality TV.
• TheWrap also speaks with Glen Mazzara, who talks about The Walking Dead‘s ultimate ending — or rather, how it won’t end: “No one is safe. There is no safe haven.”
• Blastr features a clip from Comics in Focus: The Image Revolution, where Robert Kirkman reveals he didn’t think The Walking Dead would make it to TV: “Every step of the way, I never believed it was actually gonna happen.”
• New York magazine discovers that The Walking Dead was the top-rated non-sports entertainment show on TV for the 35-and-under set.
• TV.com includes The Walking Dead in its list of TV shows with the best special effects, claiming the AMC drama “holds the high honor of being probably the most disgusting imagery ever broadcast on cable.”
• Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide report on The Walking Dead‘s appearance at Comic-Con next month. Glen Mazzara tells Variety that attending Comic-Con is “the central event of our calendar year. We realize how special it is to have this bond with die-hard fans…” (No Link.)
• ShortList features a piece of wisdom from Shane: “There is nothing easy about taking a man’s life no matter how little value it may have. But when you get it done, you have to forget it.”
• Deadline reports that Sarah Wayne Callies has joined the cast of an untitled tornado thriller to be directed by Steve Quale.