Returns February 9
This week, The Walking Dead is in the final round of Inside Pulse‘s Best TV Tournament and Robert Kirkman discusses his zombie escape plan with the LA Times. Read on for more:
• There’s still time to vote for The Walking Dead in Inside Pulse‘s “Best Show on Television Today” tournament. Currently, the AMC Drama is up against ABC’s Modern Family.
• Robert Kirkman admits to the Los Angeles Times that his zombie escape plan is lacking: “I don’t have one… I don’t think I’d do very well.”
• Celebrity Baby Scoop chats with Sarah Wayne Callies about The Walking Dead, motherhood and her work with the International Rescue Committee, noting that her grandfather was a refugee to the U.S.
• Steven Yeun tells Comic Book Resources that the reaction he gets most often from The Walking Dead fans is “That Asian guy looks familiar.”
• ComicBook.com features the second set of figures based on AMC’s The Walking Dead: Rick, Shane and three walkers.
• Danai Gurira (Michonne) talks to California’s KCET and the Culver City Patch about her life as a playwright and actor. The Los Angeles Times marvels that Gurira somehow “also found time to write this extraordinarily ambitious play,” The Convert.
• At Comic Con in Dubai, The National reports that Laurie Holden is hoping the show doesn’t kill off any more characters “because it’s becoming a bit of a bloodbath.”
• Adweek cites the upcoming The Walking Dead Social Game as an example of cable channels successfully “extending on-air brands into games, apps and other content that may deepen engagement with the show.”
• Hollywire is excited about Lauren Cohan‘s return last week to The Vampire Diaries: “Welcome back, Lauren Cohan! I love you on The Walking Dead, but I miss you on VD!”