Returns October 12
At Sunday night’s 59th annual Motion Picture Sound Editors Golden Reel Awards, The Walking Dead was honored with an award for Best Sound Editing: Long Form Sound Effects and Foley in Television for the Season 2 Premiere, “What Lies Ahead” — the show’s second Golden Reel after a win last year. In addition, Executive Producer, Gale Anne Hurd, was named the recipient of the 2012 MPSE Filmmaker Award.
The full team nominated in the category is as follows:
• Supervising Sound Editor: Jerry Ross
• Foley Artists: Gregg Barbanell, M.P.S.E., Pamela Kahn, M.P.S.E.
• Sound Editors: Tim Farrell, Phil Barrie, Jerry Edemann
• Assistant Sound Editor: Deron Street
• Foley Mixer: Stacey Michaels
• Zombie Wrangler: WK Stratton
• FX Re-recording Mixer: Gary D. Rogers
The Walking Dead faced HBO’s Cinema Verite, Showtime’s Homeland, Syfy’s Red Faction Origins and Fox’s Terra Nova to take home the prize.