It’s awards season, and The Walking Dead received several nominations this week (including a Directors Guild of America nomination for writer, director, and executive producer Frank Darabont).
• The Hollywood Reporter also points out that The Walking Dead has been nominated for the The Publicist’s Guild’s Maxwell Weinberg Showmanship Award in the Television category.
• CableFAX has recognized The Walking Dead for two Best of the Web nominations, naming the show’s blog in the Blog or Series of Blogs category and The Walking Dead site in the Supplemental Web Content category.
• Elijah Wood tells Collider.com that he’s a fan of The Walking Dead: “I’m really excited to see where it’s going to go. I’m a big [Frank] Darabont fan, and I love the graphic novel.”
• Advertising Age cites The Walking Dead as one of the cable shows that can compete with the ratings of shows on the broadcast networks.
• The Walking Dead is huge in Spain, according to Variety, which reports that a recent airing landed 3.49 million viewers.