War, as they say, is hell, and the soldiers of Heartbreak Ridge, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, and Platoon have been through the ringer. But they all stand strong. When you’re entrenched in the horrors of war and you need a little pick-me-up, who are you going to call? General Patton (George C. Scott), the ultimate motivational speaker in Patton, is a good choice. Or dial up guardian-angel fighter pilot Captain Garth (Charlton Heston) of Midway. And never forget about Sergeant Highway (Clint Eastwood), the tireless leader who can show you how to handle the impossible in Heartbreak Ridge, and Captain Miller (Tom Hanks), who saves the hopes of an entire group of men by saving just one of them in Saving Private Ryan. But of all these war heroes, who’s made of the sternest stuff? Who could inspire you to fight another day?
Posted by Lee Helland
November 8, 2010 12:01 AM
Filed under: Tournaments
The Godfather walks a fine line between fact and fiction. Do you know the true stories behind the movie? Read more to find out.
The Making of The Mob: New York will premiere Monday, June 15 at 10/9c.
Orphan Black video trailers, a Q&A with actor Ari Millen, and eight more ways to prep for the AMC Networks CloneCast on April 18.
Recent Activity on AMC forAMC Blog
AMC Blog Categories
- 4th and Loud
- Broken Trail
- Comic Book Men
- Film Festivals
- Flashback Five
- Games, Polls & Quizzes
- Mac McKean, SVP, DIGITAL MEDIA
- Kevin Dreyfuss, VP, DIGITAL CONTENT
- Hannah Bae, COORDINATOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Monica Bhatia, DIRECTOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Lee Dayton, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Tim Dirks, SENIOR EDITOR & FILM HISTORIAN
- John Frankfurt, DIRECTOR OF ONLINE DEVELOPMENT
- Mark Heggen, DIRECTOR OF ENTERTAINMENT APPLICATIONS
- Khalilah Martin, MANAGER OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
- Steve Marzolf, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Clayton Neuman, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL CONTENT
- Annmarie Nye, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
- Evan Scott, MANAGER OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Cory Abbey, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Laura Luckenbaugh, ASSISTANT, DIGITAL MEDIA
- T Sahara Meer, EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
- Ashleen Wicklow, ASSISTANT PRODUCER