War, as they say, is hell, and the soldiers of Heartbreak Ridge, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, and Platoon have been through the ringer. But they all stand strong. When you’re entrenched in the horrors of war and you need a little pick-me-up, who are you going to call? General Patton (George C. Scott), the ultimate motivational speaker in Patton, is a good choice. Or dial up guardian-angel fighter pilot Captain Garth (Charlton Heston) of Midway. And never forget about Sergeant Highway (Clint Eastwood), the tireless leader who can show you how to handle the impossible in Heartbreak Ridge, and Captain Miller (Tom Hanks), who saves the hopes of an entire group of men by saving just one of them in Saving Private Ryan. But of all these war heroes, who’s made of the sternest stuff? Who could inspire you to fight another day?
Posted by Lee Helland
November 8, 2010 12:01 AM
Filed under: Tournaments
Walt Flanagan talks about which moments from the show made him laugh the hardest, what comics he’s reading now and the rarest item he’s seen come into the Stash.
The Comic Book Men star talks about what being a comic book man really means and the most interesting thing he’s learned about Ming.
AMC’s annual FearFest kicks off today with marathons of Stephen King, Tremors and Chucky. The on-air film festival will include horror films like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and more.
Recent Activity on AMC forAMC Blog
AMC Blog Categories
- 4th and Loud
- Broken Trail
- Comic Book Men
- Film Festivals
- Flashback Five
- Games, Polls & Quizzes
- Mac McKean, SVP, DIGITAL MEDIA
- Hannah Bae, COORDINATOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Monica Bhatia, DIRECTOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Lee Dayton, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Tim Dirks, SENIOR EDITOR & FILM HISTORIAN
- Kevin Dreyfuss, VP, DIGITAL CONTENT
- John Frankfurt, DIRECTOR OF ONLINE DEVELOPMENT
- Mark Heggen, DIRECTOR OF ENTERTAINMENT APPS
- Khalilah Martin, MANAGER OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
- Steve Marzolf, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Clayton Neuman, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL CONTENT
- Annmarie Nye, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
- Evan Scott, MANAGER OF DIGITAL VIDEO