For filmmakers, the Vietnam War has long been a rich source of material. There are over 500 titles — features, documentaries, shorts — that use it as a setting, a backstory, or even a character. Established Hollywood directors have been especially eager to tackle this conflict, which caused so much trouble on the home front as well as overseas. Oliver Stone won an Oscar for his efforts. Francis Ford Coppola got a nomination. In no particular order, here’s a photographic look at the top ten Vietnam War pics. You can fight among yourselves as to which is the best.
Posted by Cory Abbey
September 1, 2010 12:01 AM
Filed under: Photos
Walt Flanagan talks about which moments from the show made him laugh the hardest, what comics he’s reading now and the rarest item he’s seen come into the Stash.
The Comic Book Men star talks about what being a comic book man really means and the most interesting thing he’s learned about Ming.
AMC’s annual FearFest kicks off today with marathons of Stephen King, Tremors and Chucky. The on-air film festival will include horror films like Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and more.
Recent Activity on AMC forAMC Blog
AMC Blog Categories
- 4th and Loud
- Broken Trail
- Comic Book Men
- Film Festivals
- Flashback Five
- Games, Polls & Quizzes
- Mac McKean, SVP, DIGITAL MEDIA
- Hannah Bae, COORDINATOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Monica Bhatia, DIRECTOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Lee Dayton, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Tim Dirks, SENIOR EDITOR & FILM HISTORIAN
- Kevin Dreyfuss, VP, DIGITAL CONTENT
- John Frankfurt, DIRECTOR OF ONLINE DEVELOPMENT
- Mark Heggen, DIRECTOR OF ENTERTAINMENT APPS
- Khalilah Martin, MANAGER OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
- Steve Marzolf, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Clayton Neuman, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL CONTENT
- Annmarie Nye, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
- Evan Scott, MANAGER OF DIGITAL VIDEO