All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
Hollywood doesn't always want the main character to go it alone. So enter the sidekick. For every Han Solo, there's a Chewbacca. For every Frodo, a Sam. Sadly, this strategy doesn't always work: Many sidekicks spend most of their time whining and complaining. Some don't get their fair share of screen time. Some just won't leave the heroes alone. See who's the worst when it comes to the most annoying partner.
10. John Connor (Edward Furlong), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991): One day, he'll grow up to heroically save the world; for now, he's just a 10-year-old boy. And as we all know, 10-year-old boys are annoying!
9. Gina Garrett (Rosie O'Donnell), Another Stakeout (1993): When it comes to buddy-cop flicks, three's a crowd. She joins Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez but doesn't end with a ménage à trois. (Thank God!!)
8. Matt Farrell (Justin Long), Live Free or Die Hard (2007): Long quietly pitches computers on TV, and, as an '08 movie fad, "The Wisecracking Hacker" winds up in a movie where he can't shut up about them.
7. Ruby Rhod (Chris Tucker), The Fifth Element (1997): Tucker proves it's possible for TV talk shows to get even worse. It's not surprising that he lives in a future dystopia where man has given up hope.
6. Fergie (Rob Schneider), Judge Dredd (1995): Schneider's yapper Fergie is perhaps the only judge never to star in a syndicated courtroom show.
5. Batgirl (Alicia Silverstone), Batman & Robin (1997): She showed up to spoil Batman and Robin's big coming-out-of-the-cave moment. At least she had the sense to arrive with only twenty minutes left.
4. Willie Scott (Kate Capshaw), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984): She was supposed to be a romantic interest for the movie's hero, and apparently nobody but the director noticed.
3. Donkey (Eddie Murphy), Shrek Series: A sidekick who actually kicks, he joked through three Shrek movies. Now that's one ass with a lot of cracks.
2. Devon Butler (Norman D. Golden II), Cop and ½ (1993): The "half" to Burt Reynolds's "cop," this sidekick just might bust a cap in your ass, because, frankly, he can't aim much higher.
1. Jar Jar Binks, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999): The most universally hated thing to come out of a computer until Windows Vista. Binks had a pivotal role in his first movie, but only a pitiful cameo in his last.
Want to rank these (and ten other) annoying sidekicks?