All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
You might think Robert De Niro's an intimidating guy -- either because of the characters he's played ("You talkin' to me?!") or because he's a film legend. Before I sat down with him at a junket for the Tribeca Film Festival, I was preparing for the worst -- cramming down the movies he'd acted in (he looks so young in Godfather II!) and directed (there's so much subtext in The Good Shepherd) as if it were a final exam. But I needn't have worried -- he's actually more nice guy than wise guy, and he was more interested in talking about the films showcasing at TFF than his own.
De Niro and his producing partner Jane Rosenthal wanted to keep things light this year -- watch the video above to see why -- but some of the movies that really grabbed their attention were of the serious sort. De Niro picked Outrage, Yodok Stories, and The Fixer: The Taking of Ajmal Naqshbandi as ones to see. "They're all really good, really interesting," he told me, "and that's why they've been chosen."
- Festival TicketsYour online box office for screenings, industry panels and other festival events
- Movie TrailersGet a sneak peek at what films are screening at this year's festival
- Photo GalleryMovie stills of this year's lineup from Whatever Works to The Girlfriend Experience
- Video InterviewsAMC News Correspondent Jacob Soboroff gets up close with the stars
- Woody Allen PollHere's a chance to show your support of the director's most underrated movies