All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
• The Times of India trumpeted Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R. Rahman, who is up for an Oscar this year, with the headline "Rah Rah Rahman." Good to see our newspapers aren't the only ones fond of pun-y headlines.
• Dakota Fanning is rumored to be joining the cast of the Twilight follow-up, New Moon. Fanning would play the angelic vampire, Jane (and probably require no makeup whatsoever to achieve a ghostly pallor).
• In what has to be the most entertaining story to come out of this year's slightly dull Sundance Film Festival, a critic from Variety reportedly got into a fistfight with Jeff Dowd, the real-life inspiration for the Dude in The Big Lebowski. Dude, that is very unlike yourself of you. One can only imagine the White Russian spillage that no doubt occurred from this incident.
• Hot-couple alert: Colin Farrell and Keira Knightley will be starring in London Boulevard, a crime drama directed by the Departed screenwriter William Monahan. We're going to start a rumor right now and just say they're dating.
• Despite David Fincher's scoring a bevy of Oscar noms this year, his next project, Torso, is currently in limbo. Paramount allowed the rights for the acclaimed comic-book series to lapse.
• G.I. Joe director Stephen Sommers set the record straight on the rubber-breast issue, saying he did not make Sienna Miller wear padding for the upcoming action movie. Miller says he did. Drooling fanboys will have to make the final call.
• With his legal fate currently up in the air, Roman Polanski continues to direct movies outside the United States. His latest, The Ghost, has added Tom Wilkinson and Jim Belushi to its star-studded cast. We're in a brave new world if Jim Belushi and Roman Polanski are teaming up now.