All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
It's Independence Day, and you know what that means: Barbeques, picnics, fireworks, swimming and sun, right? Wrong. Why risk the perils of sun and sharks this holiday weekend when you can observe it from the comfort of your living room, basking in the glow of your television while AMC plays The Jaws Complete Collection -- all four Jaws movies back-to-back-to-back. It all starts on Friday July 4 at 10:30 AM | 9:30 C. For the complete weekend schedule, click here.
After you've soaked up all of Amity's amiability, be sure to take our Jaws ultimate fan quiz and see if you've got the wherewithal to survive the big guy's bite. Join in the great Jaws debate with Scott Sigler, then learn about all the other can't-miss shark attack movies from Stacie Ponder. And if you're wondering what else to do in the next 72 hours, here are our suggestions:
1. Go big or go home, we always say. And nothing is bigger than these top ten summer blockbusters. From Pirates of the Caribbean to Jurassic Park to, yes, Independence Day, you'll find a CGI spectacle to rival any fireworks display.
2. Just because someone is undead or flesh-hungry or a city-wrecking abomination doesn't mean they don't love their country. Scott Sigler gives you a rundown of the most patriotic Monster-Americans in history.
3. If scifi is more your speed, catch up on the best ones since 1991 (and join the debate over which belong on the list). Why 1991? Because we didn't want to give you the chance to nominate Howard the Duck.
4. Go to your local cineplex. It's dark, it's air-conditioned, and from what we hear ticket prices these days are more reasonable than ever! For your convenience, our intrepid reviewers have dialed in the 411 on two summer selections: Hancock and Wall-E.
5. So you've already seen all the movies in the theaters. Well, did you know that this summer's Wanted shares an uncanny resemblance to a little 1999 indie film called The Matrix? Re-watch the source material and bone up on talking points for your next Angelina Jolie-themed dinner party.