All AMC Shows
Movies on AMC
The Duke was one of Hollywood's most prolific stars. With more than 100 films to his credit, even die-hard fans may not have seen the entire library of his work. So you'll have to search deep in your memory, Pilgrim, if you're going to win a DVD of The Longest Day, John Wayne's D-Day classic. The prize will go to the first person to correctly answer all 15 of these questions. In addition, the winner will be profiled and crowned the Ultimate John Wayne fan in an upcoming blog entry.
The quiz will run from Friday, April 25 to Friday, May 2 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly afterward. (Make sure we have your correct name and email in your profile so we can contact you to deliver your prize.)
Take you best shot.
1. What was John Wayne's birth name?
2. Comedic impressions frequently riff on Wayne calling some tenderfoot "Pilgrim," even though he only used the insult repeatedly in one movie. What movie was it?
3. What exactly is Ethan Edwards looking for in The Searchers?
4. What movie did Wayne make in support of the Vietnam War?
5. How does Lt. Col. Benjamin Vandervoort invade Normandy in The Longest Day?
6. In which movie is Wayne entrusted to fetch his partner's fiancee?
7. What real historical event caused the series of Cheyenne attacks portrayed in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon?
8. In which film does Wayne say: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
9. What does Wayne's character, Sheriff John T. Chance, accuse Angie Dickinson's character, Feathers, of in Rio Bravo?
10. Wayne shows off his pole climbing skills at a loggers' picnic in which movie?
11. How much is the ransom for Little Jake in Big Jake?
12. In The Shootist, John Wayne buys a paper when he arrives in Carson City, and spends the rest of the film reading it. What is the headline on the paper?
13. Wayne often played characters based on real life cowboys or soldiers. In what movie did he play a character based on Red Adair, the legendary oil field firefighter?
14. In The Searchers, Wayne's partner Martin Pawley is given something he doesn't want because of a misunderstanding. What is it?
15. Which late actor wanted John Wayne's role in The Longest Day?
Need to refresh your memory? The Shootist plays Saturday, April 26 at 1:45PM | 12:45C followed by The Longest Day at 4PM | 3C.
For a complete schedule of The Shootist on AMC, click here.
For a complete schedule of The Longest Day on AMC, click here.