The Final Episodes
This week, several Mad Men actors appeared at the Sundance Film Festival to promote a trio of films, while Helen Mirren praises Elisabeth Moss. Plus, Kiernan Shipka wins acclaim for her turn in Flowers in the Attic. Read on for more:
• The U.S. distribution rights to God’s Pocket, John Slattery’s feature directorial debut, have been picked up by IFC Films, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film screened at the Sundance Film Festival and stars Christina Hendricks and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
• Entertainment Weekly learns from Elisabeth Moss why she wanted to be in Listen Up Philip, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival this week. Broadway World showcases an “intriguing and stylish” trailer for the film.
• Elisabeth Moss talks to the Associated Press about working in TV versus film — and how excited she is about being at the Sundance Film Festival for Listen Up Philip.
• Entertainment Weekly gets the inside scoop from Elisabeth Moss on another movie she promoted at the Sundance Film Festival, The One I Love.
• John Slattery talks to Rolling Stone about God’s Pocket and casting Christina Hendricks (“so emotionally available and so intellectually intelligent”).
• At the Sundance Film Festival, The Hollywood Reporter attends a post-screening discussion of John Slattery’s directorial debut, God’s Pocket, where Christina Hendricks says she and her Mad Men co-star had “a sort of shorthand” while working on the movie.
• At the Screen Actors Guild Award, Elisabeth Moss was singled out for praise in the outstanding female actor in a TV movie or miniseries category by winner Helen Mirren. Mirren called Moss’s performance “extraordinary” in Top of the Lake.
• Glamour details its favorite Kiernan Shipka moments from Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic, calling her “the best part” of the remake.
• Reviewing Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic remake, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette applauds Kiernan Shipka’s performance, noting, “Keep an eye on her career. She’s going places.”
• To stay up-to-date with all the latest Mad Men news, sign up for the Mad Men Memo.