The Final Episodes
Maddicts jumped at the chance to read like a character from the series with a little help from AMCtv.com’s summer reading list of books referenced over the course of four Mad Men seasons. Look below to see which novels fans suggested adding as extra credit and which book on the original list they’d open up first.
• “I would add John Cheever’s Bullet Park. When Don signs his contract, his address is Bullet Park. It’s a great book on suburban life during that period. ” — Texasland
• “I remember most of these books on my parents’ bookshelves except Lady Chatterly’s Lover, but we found its hiding place, anyway.” — Kathy Hayes Bailey
• “So many great books to read, but I think my first choice from the list would have to be the Nancy Drew ‘Clue of the Black Keys’.” — zerelda
Log onto the Mad Men Talk forum to join a conversation or start a topic of your own. As always, your comments throughout the blog are welcome.
Posted by Ashley Shaw
September 1, 2011 9:00 AM
The Mad Men actress talks about saying goodbye to her on-screen parents and Sally’s reunion with Glen.
Did seeing Glen all grown up make you feel old? Then seeing Don flirting with one of Sally’s friends must have made you feel ancient.
Betty didn’t recognize Glen on last night’s episode — did you?
Recent Activity on AMC forMad Men
Mad Men Categories
- Mac McKean, SVP, DIGITAL MEDIA
- Kevin Dreyfuss, VP, DIGITAL CONTENT
- Hannah Bae, COORDINATOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Monica Bhatia, DIRECTOR OF TELEVISION EVERYWHERE
- Lee Dayton, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Tim Dirks, SENIOR EDITOR & FILM HISTORIAN
- John Frankfurt, DIRECTOR OF ONLINE DEVELOPMENT
- Mark Heggen, DIRECTOR OF ENTERTAINMENT APPLICATIONS
- Khalilah Martin, MANAGER OF DIGITAL PRODUCTION
- Steve Marzolf, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Clayton Neuman, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL CONTENT
- Annmarie Nye, DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
- Evan Scott, MANAGER OF DIGITAL VIDEO
- Cory Abbey, SENIOR PRODUCER
- Laura Luckenbaugh, ASSISTANT, DIGITAL MEDIA
- T Sahara Meer, EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
- Ashleen Wicklow, ASSISTANT PRODUCER