Returns Spring 2015 for the Final Episodes
This week, The Hollywood Reporter names Matthew Weiner one of its power showrunners for the year, while Jon Hamm talks about his fellow St. Louis Cardinals fans with Sports Illustrated. Plus, Elisabeth Moss speaks with The Huffington Post about Peggy’s Burger Chef pitch. Read on for more:
• Matthew Weiner is one of The Hollywood Reporter‘s power showrunners because his “retro ad-world drama remains a source of awe among his peers and fans.”
• Jon Hamm extols the virtues of the St. Louis Cardinals and its fans to Sports Illustrated.
• Elisabeth Moss talks to HuffPost Entertainment about Peggy’s Burger Chef pitch and how, “in a way, there’s an argument for that being a great end for Peggy. I love the idea of making this beautiful, poetic, emotional speech about burgers. To me, that was advertising.”
Continue reading “Matthew Weiner Named THR Power Showrunner; Jon Hamm Talks St. Louis Cardinals” »
This week, USA Today has a series of Jon Hamm’s bloopers from Million Dollar Arm, while Elisabeth Moss is the cover girl for the fall issue of Marie Claire‘s Branché. Plus, Vincent Kartheiser’s play is in previews off-Broadway. Read on for more:
• USA Today spotlights a video of Jon Hamm in bloopers for Million Dollar Arm and remarks, “Hamm shows he can bring the laughs when the cameras are rolling (and when they shouldn’t be).” Also, Crave Online features a deleted scene from the movie with Hamm and Alan Arkin.
• Elisabeth Moss is on the cover of the fall issue of Marie Claire‘s Branché, which explores the New York vs. LA question and notes “you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who knows it better than [Moss], who splits her time between the East Village and West Hollywood.”
• Broadway.com reports that Vincent Kartheiser started previews on Oct. 1 of Billy & Ray, an off-Broadway play directed by Garry Marshall that’s slated to open Oct. 20.
Continue reading “Jon Hamm’s Million Dollar Arm Bloopers; Elisabeth Moss on Marie Claire Branché Cover” »
This week, Jon Hamm will appear in Black Mirror‘s Christmas special, while John Slattery joins the cast of two movies. Plus, Newsweek cites Mad Men in an article about the comeback of the suit. Read on for more:
• According to Deadline, Jon Hamm will star in the 90-minute Christmas special of Black Mirror, an anthology series that airs on the U.K.’s Channel 4.
• HitFix reports exclusively that John Slattery has joined the cast of Seth MacFarlane’s Ted 2. Slattery has also been cast in Spotlight, a movie about Catholic sex abuse that will be directed by Tom McCarthy, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
• Newsweek declares the suit is back and notes, “Each Sunday night on Mad Men, Don Draper (Jon Hamm) and Roger Sterling (John Slattery) model classic Brooks Brothers couture, and it is the show’s female’s audience that is left hot and bothered.”
Continue reading “Jon Hamm Joins Black Mirror Christmas Special; John Slattery Books Two Movie Roles” »
This week, Elisabeth Moss books a new movie, while Jon Hamm helps the White House fight sexual assault. Plus, The Hollywood Reporter features Vivienne Westwood and her muse, Christina Hendricks. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports that Elisabeth Moss has joined the cast of Truth, a movie starring Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett.
• The Associated Press reports that Jon Hamm is among of the list of celebrities enlisted by the White House to help fight sexual assault on college campuses.
• The Hollywood Reporter‘s list of Hollywood’s top 25 red carpet designers features photos of designer Vivienne Westwood with her muse, Christina Hendricks — who lauds Westwood’s “dichotomy of tradition and being active and always moving forward.”
Continue reading “Elisabeth Moss Books Movie Role; Jon Hamm Helps the White House Fight Sexual Assault” »
Are you a fan of AMC’s Mad Men? Do you love talking about your favorite scenes and characters? If so, please send us a short video telling us why you love the show for the chance to appear in a documentary promo. Show off your personality and any compelling, funny and unique remarks you have about the show. For your video, review the following guide for the requirements and restrictions.
- Los Angeles, CA – you must be local or willing to pay for your own travel to LA
- 1 day shoot, week of Oct 20th
- A $100 honorarium will be given for your time during our shoot (we will only need a few hours!)
We Are Looking for:
- Mad Men fans from all walks of life who are in or around the Los Angeles, CA area
- People ages 18-80
- Pairs welcome (couples, friends, family members, etc.)
Questions for Video Submission:
(Please use as a guide. Mandatory questions noted with asterisk.)
- *What is your name and age?
- *Why do you love Mad Men?
- How were you introduced to the show? What keeps you coming back?
- What is your favorite scene or episode from the series?
- Who is your favorite character & why?
- Who do you love to hate?
- What is your favorite shocking moment?
- How do you usually watch Mad Men (with family, friends, on the go, etc.)?
- *(And most importantly…) Tell us why you will miss Mad Men after this final season.
- Please keep submissions under 90 seconds. If we have any follow-up questions, we will definitely ask!
- Submissions should be in .mov or .m4v format and no more than 100mb.
- You can send via any delivery method: Email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, Vimeo, etc… as long as it is downloadable.
Don’t forget, this is a short form documentary featuring real people, not actors.
All submissions shall automatically become the sole property of Boardwalk Pictures, and you agree by your submission that Boardwalk Pictures shall have all rights to use any part of your videos, without requirement of further consent by you or a third party. We also have no obligation to use submissions.
Please send submissions with your name, your location (city/state) and contact numbers to: email@example.com by October 18th.
This week, The New York Times cites Mad Men‘s role in portraying the death of adulthood, while Elisabeth Moss will hit Broadway in The Heidi Chronicles this spring. Plus, Jon Hamm credits Mad Men for his career. Read on for more:
• The New York Times examines Mad Men‘s role in the death of adulthood in American culture, arguing that Mad Men has “traced the erosion, the gradual slide toward obsolescence, of a power structure built on and in service of the prerogatives of white men.”
• Variety reports that Elisabeth Moss will star in a Broadway revival of Wendy Wasserstein’s The Heidi Chronicles in the spring.
• Jon Hamm tells Australia’s The Daily Telegraph, “I’ve got a lot of good things to remember Don by, not the least of which is that I have a career because of him. Whether I can parlay that into an actual career… we’ll see what happens.”
Continue reading “NYT on Mad Men‘s Role in the Death of Adulthood; Elisabeth Moss To Star on Broadway” »
This week, Jon Hamm participates in the Stand Up to Cancer fundraiser, while Elisabeth Moss discusses Peggy’s Burger Chef speech with Styleite. Plus, Kiernan Shipka talks to New York about what Janie Bryant taught her. Read on for more:
• The Hollywood Reporter breaks down the details of the Stand Up to Cancer fundraiser, featuring Jon Hamm as a presenter. Hamm spoke about his mother, who passed away from colon cancer when he was 10 years old: “I’m here for all of the other kids and the moms and the dads and the grandpas who hopefully will never have to go through that.”
• Elisabeth Moss talks to Styleite about Peggy’s Burger Chef pitch, how “it’s just a beautiful speech, and I just wanted to do it justice, you know. I really enjoyed it. It’s one of those moments as an actor when you’re like ugh, thank you. To get one of those, it was so great.”
• Kiernan Shipka tells New York what she learned from Janie Bryant, that “style can tell a story. It’s not just beautiful clothes, it’s actually conveying some sort of message, and I think that’s something that’s really stuck with me.”
Continue reading “Jon Hamm Participates in Stand Up to Cancer; Elisabeth Moss Talks Peggy’s Burger Chef Pitch” »
Fans anxiously awaiting the return of Mad Men in Spring 2015 can currently go see Are You Here, a new feature film written, directed, and produced by show creator Matthew Weiner. The film explores the complicated bonds of family and friendship, featuring Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis as Steve and Ben—reunited friends who travel together to Ben’s family home in the wake of his father’s death. Amy Poehler also gives a nuanced performance as Ben’s sister Amy. Check out the trailer below. Then check out the movie, currently available on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, or Video on Demand through your local cable provider. Continue reading “Matthew Weiner Teams Up With Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis for Are You Here” »
This week, the Los Angeles Times chats with Jon Hamm, while Christina Hendricks says what she can about Mad Men‘s ending to Variety. Plus, Kiernan Shipka books a movie role. Read on for more:
• The Los Angeles Times speaks with Jon Hamm about his love of British Culture (including Doctor Who), working with Daniel Radcliffe in A Young Doctor’s Notebook and his future after Mad Men.
• All Christina Hendricks can tell Variety about the final episodes is that Matthew Weiner “has been extraordinarily consistent in his excellence in writing, and it’s a beautiful ending.”
• According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kiernan Shipka has been cast in February, a horror movie that Osgood Perkins (son of Anthony Perkins) has written and will direct.
Continue reading “Jon Hamm Talks to LA Times; Variety Asks Christina Hendricks About Mad Men Ending” »
Maddicts know first-hand that Mad Men is full of unexpected twists — and this weekend’s trio of encore episodes are no different. Beginning on Sunday at 6AM/5c, catch some of the series’ biggest shockers like when SCDP lost its largest account (Season 4, Episode 11 “Chinese Wall”), when Don ran a risqué anti-tobacco ad in The New York Times (Season 4, Episode 12 “Blowing Smoke”), and the moment when Don surprised Megan — and viewers — with an engagement ring (Season 4, Episode 13 “Tomorrowland”). Which of these moments was most shocking to you? Vote for your number one now:Cast your vote now!