This week, Ruben Santiago-Hudson receives rave reviews for his off-Broadway performance as August Wilson, while Sprague Grayden joins a TV show in a recurring role. Plus, check out photos of David Costabile in his new play. Read on for more:
• Reviewing August Wilson’s How I Learned What I Learned, The New York Observer calls the production “fine and funny” and observes that Ruben Santiago-Hudson wears Wilson’s character “like a second skin.”
• TheWrap reports that Sprague Grayden is joining the Season 2 cast of FOX’s The Following in a recurring role.
• Broadway World has photos of David Costabile in The (curious case of the) Watson Intelligence, which opens in New York on Dec. 9.
• Hollywood & Fine interviews Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who describes How I Learned What I Learned as “entertainment in the form of storytelling.”
• Broadway World’s review of August Wilson’s How I Learned What I Learned calls Ruben Santiago-Hudson a “maestro with the textured tones and rhythms of Wilson’s writing.”
• Theater Mania describes Ruben Santiago-Hudson, who portrays August Wilson in the playwright’s How I Learned What I Learned, as “a captivating storyteller.”
• The Jewish Week reports that a film starring Mark Strong, Closer to the Moon, will be screened in New York as part of the “Making Waves: New Romanian Cinema” event.
• To stay up-to-date with all the latest Low Winter Sun news, sign up for the weekly The Lowdown.