Returns November 8 9/8c
This week, Deadline highlights Anson Mount’s new movie role, while The Huffington Post discusses the nature of villainy on TV vis-à-vis Hell on Wheels. Plus, CarterMatt believes Ruth will be the key to the show’s story going forward. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports that Anson Mount has been cast in Mr. Right, a hitman action romance that also stars Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell.
• After watching “Return to Hell,” The Huffington Post reflects on “villains in story entertainment, and why they capture our interest.”
• CarterMatt anticipates the show’s Nov. 8 return, speculating that Ruth will be “at the center of the story now” after shooting Sidney Snow.
Continue reading “Deadline on Anson Mount’s New Movie Role; HuffPost Talks Villains of Hell on Wheels” »
This week, CarterMatt looks ahead to the next episode, which will premiere on Nov. 8, while Den of Geek applauds the midseason finale as one of the season’s best. Plus, check out the Hell on Wheels live action role-playing game in the Czech Republic. Read on for more:
• CarterMatt reports that the show’s next episode will air on Nov. 8 and notes there are “plenty of stories left to be told for Anson Mount, Colm Meaney, and the rest of the cast.”
• Den of Geek, reviewing the midseason finale, calls it one of the “best” of the season.
• The Escapist details a Hell on Wheels live action role-playing game held in the Czech Republic, describing it as “an intense Western LARP.”
Continue reading “CarterMatt Looks Ahead to Nov. 8 Episode; Den of Geek Applauds Midseason Finale” »
This week, Anson Mount lends his voice to the hero of The Evil Within video game, while CarterMatt looks ahead to the next episode. Plus, AMC has a video of Anson Mount describing Episode 9, “Two Trains.” Read on for more:
• Game Rant showcases a trailer for The Evil Within, a video game whose protagonist is voiced by Anson Mount.
• CarterMatt.com previews Episode 10, “Return to Hell,” noting that with only a few episodes left, “what we do know is that there is going to be plenty more ahead that will have your jaw on the ground.”
• Looking back at Episode 9, “Two Trains,” CarterMatt features AMC’s video of Anson Mount deconstructing the episode and comments that “there was quite a bit we saw unfold…and most of it falls within the category of ‘very violent.’”
Continue reading “Anson Mount Voices Hero of Evil Within Video Game; CarterMatt Looks Ahead to Next Episode” »
• Common tells Chicago magazine, “I have the enthusiasm again for making music. For some years, I don’t think I had it.”
• TV.com says that “Under Color of Law,” the most recent episode, “wasted no time in drawing the strings of conflict in Hell on Wheels‘ new Elam-less direction, and promised the return of that troubled gunslinging workman we’ve known as Cullen ‘Shoot ‘Em Up’ Bohannon.”
• Previewing the next episode, “Two Trains,” CarterMatt predicts the episode will be “one heck of a showdown between Cullen and Syd for control of Cheyenne.”
Continue reading “Chicago Interviews Common; TV.com Reports on Latest Episode” »
This week, Common talks to Deadline about Elam’s exit from the show, while TV Fanatic lauds Anson Mount’s performance in the most recent episode. Plus, CarterMatt takes a look at next week’s installment. Read on for more:
• Common, interviewed by Deadline about his departure from the show, says, “I thought it was a brilliant way to give Elam an exit. I think it paid honor and respect to him and it is unexpected and it is shocking and it shakes you and rattles you.”
• Reviewing “Elam Ferguson,” TV Fanatic applauds Anson Mount, who “shines as Cullen Bohannon.”
• CarterMatt previews the next episode, “Under Color of Law,” and asks, “Are you ready to see Cullen Bohannon take the next step on Hell on Wheels?”
Continue reading “Common Talks Elam’s Exit With Deadline; TV Fanatic Says Anson Mount “Shines”” »
Hell on Wheels fans are in for a treat when Executive Producer John Wirth takes to Twitter to offer his unique behind-the-scenes perspective throughout the East Coast broadcast of this week’s all-new episode, “Elam Ferguson,” beginning on Saturday at 9/8c. To join the conversation, follow @Wirthwhiletv on Twitter, and use the hashtag #HellonWheels.
Hell on Wheels airs Saturdays at 9/8c on AMC.
This week, CarterMatt.com lauds Common’s performance in last week’s episode and looks ahead to this week’s Elam-centered episode. Plus, get the scoop on what critics thought of “Bear Man.” Read on for more:
• Ahead of “Bear Man,” CarterMatt.com remarks, “Common kills it in the sneak-peek video below, as do the entire makeup and effects team for getting Elam so bloodied-up here.”
• CarterMatt.com previews the next episode, “Elam Ferguson,” observing that “we only imagine that the story will build in intensity here on out.”
• Monsters and Critics previewed “Bear Man,” noting that viewers “will finally discover Elam Ferguson’s fate.”
Continue reading “CarterMatt Lauds Common in “Bear Man” and Previews Next Episode, “Elam Ferguson”” »
On this Saturday’s all new episode of Hell on Wheels, the fate of Elam — last seen lying in the mud, bloody and unmoving, after fighting off a bear in the Season 3 Finale — will finally be revealed. While watching the episode, get Common’s exclusive behind-the-scenes perspective as he live tweets throughout the East Coast broadcast of “Bear Man,” beginning at 9/8c. To participate, follow @common on Twitter, and use the hashtag #HellonWheels to join the conversation.
Hell on Wheels airs Saturdays at 9/8c on AMC.
This week, CarterMatt.com previews the next episode, “Bear Man,” while Alberta’s Medicine Hat News profiles MacKenzie Porter. Plus, CarterMatt.com wonders how Sidney Snow might affect Cullen’s future. Read on for more:
• “If you love the Elam character on Hell on Wheels, then you most likely have been waiting for next week’s new episode for some time,” teases CarterMatt.com about Episode 6, “Bear Man.”
• Medicine Hat News interviews MacKenzie Porter, who talks about her dual acting/music careers: “Right now, while I shoot Hell on Wheels I’m in Calgary and working on that for the majority of my time. But every weekend I’m recording and doing something for my album. So I feel like I can do them both.”
• CarterMatt.com, previewing “Life’s a Mystery,” speculated that the introduction of Sidney Snow is “going to most likely make for an interesting dynamic” since he’s a figure from Cullen’s past.
Continue reading “CarterMatt Previews “Bear Man”; Medicine Hat News Profiles MacKenzie Porter” »
• Entertainment Weekly reports that Anson Mount has joined the voice cast of The Evil Within, a video game from Bethesda Softworks.
• CarterMatt.com notes that the ratings for Season 4, Episode 3, “Chicken Hill,” did well: “This is great news for all those hoping to see the show renewed, and we still feel like it will if this trend continues from start to finish.”
• CarterMatt.com previews Season 4, Episode 5, “Life’s a Mystery,” and wonders “what in the world is going to happen” to The Swede?
Continue reading “Anson Mount Lands Video Game Role; CarterMatt Likes Hell‘s Ratings” »