Binge Marathon Sundays 5/4c
This week, Bryan Cranston’s SAG award wins for Breaking Bad and Argo garnered lots of buzz and compliments, while Anna Gunn and other cast members previewed the final episodes. Plus, check out Aaron Paul and a certain baby on his Instagram account. Read on for more:
• The “shamefully under-appreciated” Bryan Cranston wins the Screen Actors Guild award for best actor, reports Zap2it, which says that “overlooking his chilling turn as [Walter] White in 2012 would have been criminal.” Check out a video of Cranston’s acceptance speech at PerezHilton.com. Deadline notes that Cranston also picked up an award for Argo, which won outstanding performance for a cast in a motion picture. Hollywood.com pronounces Cranston’s “funny” and “sincere” speech one of the evening’s best, and The Christian Science Monitor thinks he provided one of the best quotes of the night. Meanwhile, HitFix considers Cranston’s two wins one of the night’s best moments.
• Backstage at the Screen Actors Guild awards, Bryan Cranston quips, “Being involved in Argo and Breaking Bad is the pinnacle of my career. It’s all downhill from here.” CNN has all of Cranston’s backstage comments.
• CarterMatt reports that Anna Gunn is calling Breaking Bad‘s final eight episodes “brutal and apocalyptic.” Gunn tells PopSugar, “This world that’s been created is just crumbling and tumbling down, and every single person around Walter White is being affected in such a tense and awful way.”
• RJ Mitte previews Breaking Bad‘s final run with The Hollywood Reporter, calling it “so scary and just outstanding.” The Hollywood Reporter also speaks with Anna Gunn and Betsy Brandt on the Screen Actors Guild awards red carpet.
• Aaron Paul shares a photo of a baby on the Breaking Bad set on his Instagram account.
• ComicsAlliance has pictures of a new set of Breaking Bad-themed toys, including an action figure and bobblehead.
• According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony will remaster all five seasons of Breaking Bad in 4K to take advantage of the eventual advent of “Ultra HD,” or 4K, TVs.
• A.V. Club goes behind-the-scenes of two Season 4 sketches from Mr. Show with Bob and David, which starred Bob Odenkirk as the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama.
• To stay up-to-date on the latest news about Breaking Bad, sign up for the weekly newsletter Breaking News.