Binge Marathon Sundays 5/4c
This week, the cast of Breaking Bad gathered for a panel celebrating the show’s legacy and previewing the upcoming fifth and final season. Plus, Bryan Cranston and Giancarlo Esposito hit the red carpet at the Independent Spirit Awards. Read on for more:
• The cast of Breaking Bad gathered at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences on Feb. 23 for a panel celebrating the show’s legacy and previewing the upcoming fifth and final season. Vince Gilligan tells TV Guide that viewers may get to see Walt and Jesse “a bit more together this season” in an article that also includes comments from Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, and Betsy Brandt. According toZap2it “I just want the show to end in as satisfying a way as possible” is all Gilligan will say about the show’s ending.
• IAMROGUE.COM interviews Bryan Cranston and Giancarlo Esposito on the red carpet at the Independent Spirit Awards, and New York magazine has a shot of Bryan Cranston wearing Walter White-themed Converse sneakers to the ceremony.
• The Hollywood Reporter reports on Breaking Bad‘s Saturn Award nominations from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films. The show received a total of six nominations in four categories.
• Flickering Myth includes Bryan Cranston in its list of actors who guest-starred on The X-Files and then went on to greater things, noting it was only after a Season 6 appearance that he “really started to establish his acting credentials.”
• TV.com features Jimmy Kimmel’s post-Oscar fake movie trailer boasting celebrity cameos including Bryan Cranston, whose flying hot-dog vendor was deemed their favorite.
• Online comic strip The Oatmeal mashes up Breaking Bad‘s Season 4 poster and the cover art for video game Half Life 2, featuring Walt, Jesse and Gus.