Binge Marathon Sundays 5/4c
Press outlets were all about the Emmys this week, with Entertainment Weekly, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and others reporting on Bryan Cranston’s and Aaron Paul’s wins. Meanwhile, Cranston announced a gig to host Saturday Night Live in October.
• Entertainment Weekly praised Breaking Bad‘s Emmy wins, stating, “How great that Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston won acting awards for my favorite TV series of the year thus far.”
• Bryan Cranston announces on ESPN Radio that he’ll be hosting Saturday Night Live in October, remarking, “In a past life… I must’ve been greatly mistreated because I don’t know why I’ve been so fortunate in this one.” SNL‘s Seth Meyers is also thrilled.
• Variety points out that Bryan Cranston was the only repeat winner of an acting Emmy at this year’s ceremony.
• The Hollywood Reporter notes that when Bryan Cranston was announced the winner, actor Tom Hanks gave him a standing ovation.
• Bryan Cranston tells The Hollywood Reporter that winning Emmy No. 3 “feels like the birth of a third daughter. I’m very humbled,” . (No Link)
• Aaron Paul talks to EW about submitting Episode 12 to the Emmys: “There’s many layers, many levels, just different kinds of emotions [Jesse] was trying to fight.”
• Aaron Paul tells Variety he hopes the Emmy will “give me some longevity on the show.”
• Kevin Bacon bought his son the first two seasons of Breaking Bad. “That made me very happy,” Aaron Paul tells USA Today.