• Entertainment Weekly reports on what Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould had to say about Better Call Saul, including the show’s 2002 setting and Saul’s original name – Jimmy McGill – at the Television Critics Association Press Tour. The Associated Press, NBC News and TVLine also have their takes, while Crave Online has the full conversation.
• The Independent chronicles “everything we know about the Breaking Bad spinoff so far.”
• Unleash the Fanboy shares two things “we absolutely need to see” on Better Call Saul.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest Better Call Saul news, sign up for the The AMC Weekly.
During the Television Critics’ Association (TCA) Press Tour today, AMC released two new photos from the set of the Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, currently in production in Albuquerque, NM. The photos feature series stars Bob Odenkirk and Michael McKean.
In addition, the network confirmed the line-up of series regulars for Saul, set to premiere in early 2015.
This week, Peter Gould speaks with the New York Daily News, while Digital Spy throws out its ideas for Better Call Saul. Plus, Dave Porter is ready to compose the music for the Breaking Bad spinoff. Read on for more:
• Peter Gould talks to the New York Daily News about the flexibility of Better Call Saul‘s timeline, how “perhaps some of it takes place before Breaking Bad, during Breaking Bad, and after Breaking Bad. That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on Breaking Bad.”
• Digital Spy lists seven things “we need to see” in Better Call Saul, including how Saul met Jesse and what Gus’ backstory is.
• Dave Porter, Breaking Bad‘s composer, tells Film Music Society that he’s hoping “to get the call” for Better Call Saul.
Continue reading “Peter Gould on Better Call Saul Timeline; Digital Spy Shares Ideas for Spinoff” »
AMC today provided the first of several planned updates on the Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul, including the release of a first-look photo from the Albuquerque, New Mexico set where the widely-anticipated drama began production on its first 10-episode season earlier this month.
This update includes:
Continue reading “AMC Releases Details and First-Look Photo for Better Call Saul” »
AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/SPT series Breaking Bad. As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.